Its Pumpkin season!
Its Pumpkin season, so why not try this delicious smoothie recipe this October from Hemsley and Hemsley
Autumn is awash with colour, from the leaves on the trees to the bounty of apples, beetroots and of course - the king of all gourds - the big, orange pumpkin. This deliciously filling smoothie has a delicately spiced sweetness to it, not to mention the silky smooth texture - serve warm for a hot breakfast or enjoy as a cool and creamy snack in the afternoon.
- 225g (1 cup) puréed pumpkin
- 120ml (½ cup) of full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (or a thumbnail of fresh ginger)
- Pinch nutmeg
- A raw, organic, free range egg yolk for an extra nutritious kick
- For something a little sweeter you can also try a butternut squash instead of pumpkin.
- Blend together all the ingredients to make a tasty smoothie.
- Add water/coconut water to thin if necessary and drink slowly at room temperature.
Tag @sweatunion in your pictures when you try this recipe!